Linksys RE9000 MU-MIMO is a Next-generation Wi-Fi extender that provides high speeds in a hard-to-reach location such as backyard, basement, and also eliminates Wi-Fi network dead zone. Besides, this Wi-Fi extender is easily compatible with any router. It delivers speeds up to 3X faster than the other extender so you can enjoy online HD stream video, gaming, and other online activity without any lag or buffer. However, the Linksys AC3000 extender setup is quite easy. Enable your home’s Wi-Fi network with the Linksys MU-MIMO range extender.
Linksys AC3000 Extender Setup | Linksys RE9000 Setup
Here, in this article, you will aware of how to setup Linksys wireless extender within a few minutes. Before starting the Setup process, you have to verify the following given steps.
- A preferred dual-band wireless router or access point.
- A computer or Laptop with Wi-Fi capacity.
- The wireless network name and password of your router.
- Make sure your RE9000 extender should be on factory settings, if it is not, then press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
Steps to Setup Linksys RE9000 Extender
- Foremost, plugin your Linksys RE9000 Extender in an electric power socket and wait till the LED light starts flashing orange color.
- Move to your computer or laptop device and locate the Linksys wireless extender from the available list of the wireless network.
- Once you connected to the wireless network, type extender.linksys.setup or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, then tap the Enter key.
- Here you have to hit the Start Setup option.
- Now under the Wireless range extender tab, choose the Next option.
- It will automatically start scanning your 5 GHz wi-fi network.
- Then you have to select 5 GHz wi-fi to increase it.
- Provide the Network Password in the required field, then press the Next button.
- Tap the Next option on the open window.
- Use Spot Finder to find the best place for the Linksys AC3000 Extender.
- After this, change the Linksys RE9000 admin password, then save the settings.
- Hereafter you can register the Linksys RE9000 extender if not then skip it.
- Finally, connect your all your device to the Linksys extender and enjoy its high speed of wi-fi.
How to Update Linksys RE9000 Extender Firmware?
In some cases, the Linksys RE9000 wi-fi extender suddenly not works accurately and not providing the required speed. So in this situation, you need to update the Linksys AC3000 extender firmware.
Steps to Firmware update
- First of all, download the newest version of the Linksys RE9000 firmware on your computer or PC.
- After download, saves the file on your device desktop.
- Turn on the Linksys AC3000 Wi-Fi extender.
- Navigate to the web browser on your device.
- Try to Login to your Linksys RE9000 extender by providing the username and password.
- Once you successfully logged in, tap on the Firmware Update option.
- Hit the Choose file option and then upload the downloaded firmware file.
- Next, tap the Start Update button.
- At last, wait here for few minutes and let the Linksys AC3000 Firmware update correctly.