Linksys Extender Setup | extender.linksys.com
Sometimes your router shows “no internet connection” or “a weak wi-fi network” in some corner of your home. To fix this issue, set up the Linksys wi-fi extender instead of replacing the router. The Linksys range extender is a device that provides you the Wi-Fi signal of any access point or router to give internet connectivity to hard-to-reach areas through a wireless connection. Moreover, you can experience a reliable internet connection. Here, in this guide, you will learn how to set up the Linksys wi-fi extender.
Steps to manually set up Linksys Wi-Fi Extender
- First of all, plug your Linksys extender into the power socket.
- Then, connect your computer to the Linksys extender’s Ethernet port using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect your Linksys extender to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch any preferred web browser, and type extender.linksys.com or default IP address 192.168.1.1.
- Hit the Enter button.
- A new window will display on your device screen.
- You will be prompted for Linksys extender login details.
- Mention the Linksys extender login details. Note: Leave the username field blank and fill the admin in the password field.
- Click the Log In option.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to setup Linksys extender.
- Finally, click on the Save option to save the settings.
How to setup Linksys extender using extender.linksys.com
- Foremost, plug your Linksys extender into a power source.
- Visit http://extender.linksys.com or http://192.168.1.1 in the location bar.
- If the Linksys setup page doesn’t open, then change the browser.
- Once the setup page opens, it will prompt you on how to configure Linksys extender.
- Select the Range extender option or Access point.
- Go with the following instructions.
- Now, your Linksys extender setup is complete.
- After successfully extender setup, extender.Linksys.setup page will automatically close.
How to Login to Linksys Extender page?
Once you setup Linksys Extender successfully, then you need to access the Linksys extender to manage and change the settings. You can change your network name and password or other settings by accessing the Extender. Go with these simple steps to log in to your Linksys Extender.
- Turn on your device like Computer, Laptop, or tablet.
- After, connect your device with the Extender’s network either by using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Next, open any internet browser and delete all the cache and cookies of the browser.
- Navigate to the browser and type http://extender.linksys.com.
- Provide your username and password in the required box.
- Tap the Login button.
- Thus, you are login to your Linksys Extender login page.
How to Change the Linksys Extender Wi-Fi password?
Secure your extender.linksys.com password by changing the password. As we know, Extender comes with the default password, so if you want to change the default password to secure your wi-fi network then follow the mentioned steps below to change the Linksys default password.
- Connect your Linksys Extender to a power socket and turn it on.
- Hereafter, open your favorite browser on a computer or laptop.
- Enter extender.linksys.com in the URL bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Meanwhile, a Linksys default login web page will pop up on your screen.
- Provide your default username and password, then hit the Log In button.
- Go to the Admin section and tap on the Change password option.
- Set your new password in the Extender password field.
- Re-enter the new password for confirmation.
- Lastly, click the Apply option to save the changes.
- That’s enough the Linksys Extender default password changed.
How to Reset your Linksys Extender Wi-Fi
Many users face a few issues while setting up the Linksys Wi-Fi Extender. And if you have tried all the methods to solve the issue, but still the problem arises, then you need to reset your Linksys Extender. The reset can be done in two ways. Let’s see both ways to reset the Linksys Extender.
Method 1: Reset using a Button
- Use a paper pin or any pointed object to press the reset button.
- Press the reset button by using a paper pin.
- Release the reset button after 10 seconds.
- Now, try to connect your Linksys extender to the router.
- That’s it reset is complete by using the reset button.
Method 2: Reset using a web address
- Open your computer device.
- And access the Linksys extender using the extender.linksys.setup web address.
- Head to the Administration
- Tap on the Factory Restore or Factory Reset
- After this, your Linksys extender automatically reset.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and again try to connect your extender to the router.
- Re-configure your Linksys Extender.
- In the end, hit the Save button.
How do I update Linksys Extender Firmware?
Updated firmware fixes all the bugs and provides new features to your extender. It also enhances the performance of your extender. Proceed with the given below simple steps to upgrade your Linksys Extender Firmware.
- Open any browser and visit the web address http://extender.linksys.com.
- Press the Enter button.
- Fill in the username and password for Linksys Extender login.
- Thereafter, move to the Administration tab.
- Select the Firmware update option.
- To update the firmware, click on the Firmware Update.
- Leave the process for a few minutes until the firmware update complete.
Why is my Linksys Extender not working?
Is your Linksys Wi-Fi Extender not working? Then you need to follow the following steps to resolve this issue.
- Verify your power and internet cables are accurately connected to the router.
- Make sure your Linksys Extender firmware is updated.
- Use the browser after clearing and removing the cache, cookies, or history.
- If again issue persists, then go with a different web browser.
- Power cycle the Linksys Extender.
- Go with the wired connection by connecting your Linksys Extender using the Ethernet cable instead of wireless connection.
What is my Linksys Extender Default password?
When you want to access your Linksys Extender, then you need default login details. To log in, you are asked for a username and password. The username field is left blank, and the default password is the admin that is provided by your administrator. You have to enter the admin in the password field.