Most of the time, the main reason for network connection issues is linksys firmware update. Linksys firmware is software for Linksys router. Firmware updates are helpful to fix the bugs as well as to improve the functionality of the router.
For checking the current firmware version, use the following steps:-
- Navigate any of the web browsers.
- Type the web address on the address bar. A setup page opens > status tab.
- In the status tab, you will find the current Linksys firmware version. Then, move to the official website of the Linksys router and start checking for Linksys router firmware update for that particular model.
- If suppose, the firmware is available then download and install it.
linksys smart wifi firmware update with the help of an automatic method as well as a manual method.
Steps for Linksys firmware using check button (manual method)
- The first step is to log in to Linksys server account. When the Linksys interface opens, click on the Connectivity button.
- Move to the basic tab and go to the firmware update option. Tap on the option “Check for updates”.
- Wait, till your Linksys router detects the firmware update. The user will now, download and install the latest firmware version for your device. Tap on the Click here button to proceed.
Note: If a message gets displayed “No updates found”, which states that your Linksys router is familiar with the latest firmware version.
- On the pop-up box for the firmware update, click on the yes button. Thus, the Linksys router firmware process will start upgrading.
- After finishing the firmware procedure, a router reboot option will be displayed. Tap on the OK button.
Note: Don’t try to turn off your device, while the rebooting process is going on.
- Finally, click on the firmware update complete option.
For enabling the automatic update, you have to use the following steps:-
- Firstly, you have to perform a Linksys server account login. A web interface opens, click on the connectivity option.
Note: In case, one doesn’t have a Linksys server account, then navigate the web page by using the linksyssmartwifi.com address and by pressing Enter button.
- Go to the Firmware update section, here you will find an option “Automatic firmware”. Click on the apply button.
- Then, click on the yes button to start the firmware update process.
- Once, the above steps gets completed, a router reboot screen pop up. Tap on the OK button.
- When the firmware update gets finished, click on the OK button.
Hereby, your linksys firmware update procedure gets completed.