Are you frustrated with the slow wi-fi signals? If yes, then the wi-fi range extender is the most suitable solution for the slow wi-fi signals. Wi-Fi extenders are specially designed to overcome issues of slow Wi-Fi speed.
Here, in this article, we have explained the linksys extender setup. Let’s see the setup process of the Linksys Extender.
Important points to remember before setup
- The Linksys wi-fi range extender must turn on.
- Check that device receives the proper internet connection.
- Restore the factory settings on your Linksys extender.
Linksys Extender setup via Manual method
- Go through with the given following steps:
- First, place the Linksys range extender nearby your device.
- Then, connect your device to the extender by using an Ethernet cable.
- After this, plug both wi-fi extender and device into the electric outlet.
- Connect your device to the Linksys extender
- After, enter extender.linksys.com in the search bar of the browser.
- Here, a login setup page will display.
- Enter the login credentials to log in.
- Hereafter, the basic extender.linksys.setup screen will open.
- Now, type the SSID (network name) of your existing Linksys router.
- At last, choose the manual option and turn off the Linksys extender for a few seconds. After, few seconds turn on your wi-fi extender.
Linksys Extender Setup via WPS method
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a wireless network that secures your network connection and also makes a constant connection between the extender and device. Go along with these following steps to setup Linksys extender by using the WPS method.
- Plug the wi-fi range extender into a power socket.
- Find the WPS button on your extender and hold it.
- Now, check the WPS LED light on your device, which shows the status of the Linksys setup-XXX network.
- If the wi-fi range extender’s LED lights become visible, it means the range extender is configured with the router.
- After a few seconds, the LED lights change the color to solid green.
- Finally, the setup process of Linksys extender is completed.