Changing the Linksys router password (especially the admin default one) will help the users to improve the security and to prevent unauthorized users. Though, if one doesn’t know the default password and also wants to know how to change the Linksys router’s password.
Here is the manual method to perform the Linksys router password. It is one of the quickest methods to change Linksys router password.
Steps for Linksys router change password
- In the first step, the user has to access the Linksys router login page using the IP address or the web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com in an Internet browser.
Note: There is no restriction on choosing any particular browsers.
- Here, you need to provide the correct details for the username and password in their sections.
- Once, the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login dashboard opens. Move to click on the Administration tab >> new password.
- Click on the save changes option.
Additionally, the blog has defined another quick and safe method to change the Linksys router password. In this method, one may change the Linksys password by resetting the Linksys router.
Steps to reset the Linksys router
- Try to switch On your Linksys router by plugged in with a power source outlet.
- Now, follow the reset procedure by waiting for sometimes, till the power light starts blinking. After that, press and hold the reset button for about 20 seconds.
- Thirdly, turn off your Linksys router by unplugging it and wait for 25 seconds at least.
- Plug the Linksys router again to turn it back in its real state. This procedure is known as “Power-cycle”.
- Then, wait until the power light of the Linksys router stop blinking.
Lastly, connect the Linksys router to the PC using the Ethernet cable and attach the Linksys router to the modem.
FAQ for linksys Router
1: How do I reset my password on my Linksys router?
If you are not able to access the Linksys router’s password, forgot the Linksys router’s password, and want to reset my password on the Linksys router.
- Press and hold the power reset button for at least 15 seconds.
- Ensure that the power LED light of the Linksys router will start blinking, whenever you will press the reset button.
After pressing the Linksys router reset button, try to unplug and re-plug the Linksys router’s adapter.
2: How do I change my Linksys router name and password?
It is very important to change the Linksys router’s name and password.
Steps to change the router’s name and password using Linksys connect:–
- Start the Linksys connect.
- Then, on the window of Linksys connect, tap on the router setting >> change.
Click on the change button present under the section personalize.
- Now, the screen appears that will ask to change the Linksys router’s name and password. Provide the name as per your preferences. Once completed, click on the Change button.
Thus, the Linksys connect will automatically change the settings. Tap on the Finish button.
3: How do I find the password for my Linksys wireless router?
If the user wants to find the password for the Linksys wireless router. So, here are the steps to see passwords in windows are:-
- Tap on the Start menu and started searching for Network status.
- Go to the Settings menu and click on the Change Adapter option.
- After that, right-click on the computer’s Wi-Fi adapter, click on the Status > Wireless properties.
Now, the user will able to see the password box including the dots in it, under the Security tab.
At the final step, click on the Show character box to view the password in the plain text format.
4: How do I reset my Linksys EA6300 router?
There are two possible ways to complete the Linksys EA6300 router reset to factory defaults:-
- Soft reset: The soft reset procedure can be performed by using the web interface. The user need to Log in with a Linksys cloud account. Click Router settings > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics > Reset.
- Hardware reset: In this reset procedure, press and hold your reset button from the back panel for 10 seconds, then release down.